TWiLightMenu++: the NDS loader
This is a short guide on how to install TWiLightMenu++, the latest and greatest nds-bootstrap frontend. All glory to RocketRobz.
This tutorial assumes you have CFW, and do not have a flashcart. If you do have a flashcart, see the GBAtemp thread (second link from the bottom of this page).
Things You Need
- The latest release of TWiLightMenu++ from here.
- Install 7-Zip, the suggested archival management tool from here.
Getting It Done
- Turn your console off, take out your SD card and access it via your computer.
- In your SD card root directory, make a folder called "cias" if one does not already exist.
- In your SD card root directory, make a folder called "roms" if one does not already exist.
- Extract the TWiLightMenu++ .7z folder to a location of your choice.
- From that folder, put the "_nds" folder in your SD card root directory.
- From that folder, open "DSi&3DS - SD card users". Put the "_nds" folder and "boot.nds" into your SD card root directory. The new folder should be merged with the existing folder. If this confuses you, ask for help.
- From the original folder, open "3DS - CFW users" > "cia". Put the 2 cias (menu and game booter) into the "cias" folder on your SD card.
- Put any NDS roms you wish to use into the "roms" folder.
- Put your SD card back in your console.
- Hold SELECT, and power on your console while continuing to hold SELECT.
- In the Luma Configuration menu that appears, scroll to "Enable game patching".
- Press A to place a check in this box. If there is already a check in this box, do not remove it. Press START to save your settings and continue.
- Once at your home screen, open FBI.
- Open the "SD" menu, then open the "cias" folder.
- Select "<current directory>", then select "Install and delete all CIAs".
- Once this operation has finished, restart your console.
- TWiLightMenu++ should now appear on your home screen. You can add more roms to the rom folder whenever you wish.