welcome to the signpost.this is a place you can come when you want directions to things.
"i want to..."
try joining the nintendo homebrew discord: here and ask in the #hacking-general or #dev channels
- make a full nand backup through the godmode9 scripts (requires 1.1-1.5gb ish)
- make a copy of essentials.exefs (found in sysnand virtual in godmode9)
- make a copy of movable.sed (found in sysnand ctrnand/private in godmode9)
- you can/should also copy boot9.bin and boot11.bin, found in memory virtual in godmode9
THIS SHOULD ONLY BE ATTEMPTED BY ADVANCED USERS, AS IT MAY HAVE UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES. go here, section 2 F.
here's a guide on TWiLightMenu++.
- make sure both consoles have the latest version of Luma (this means you should hack the new one, try seedminer
- do a system transfer from the previous console to the new one
- when asked, do the PC method
- when complete, use faketik on the new console (put the .3dsx in sd:/3ds then run it from homebrew launcher)
- turn off your console and put your SD card in your computer
- open the SD card in the file explorer
- select the Nintendo 3DS folder, right click and select Copy
- go to your desktop
- right click and Paste your Nintendo 3DS folder there
- once the folder has copied to the computer, delete the Nintendo 3DS folder from your SD card
- put your sd card back in your console
- hold Start and power it on to launch godmode9
- press the Home button
- go to Scripts and make a nand backup (your options for which script to use may vary)
- once the nand backup is done, turn the console off and put the SD card in your computer
- right click the nand backup (in gm9/out) and select Copy
- Paste it somewhere on your computer that you will remember
- delete the nand backup from your SD card once it has copied to the computer
- find your Nintendo 3DS folder on your computer
- Copy it back to your SD card root directory
- once it has copied, delete it from your computer
all you need to do is make the new SD card fat32 format (if it is 32gb or below, it probably already is) and then copy everything over from the old to the new.
IMPORTANT: if you have an NNID with purchases linked on the console, this process WILL NOT RELEASE IT for use on another console. if you want to keep your NNID and use it on another console, you should follow the instructions in "system transfer from a cfw console" BEFORE doing this process
- in system settings, run a system format
- once it's finished, put the SD card in a computer
- format it (if it is above 32gb, you should NOT use the built in format tool, use guiformat for windows)
- get boot.3dsx from here, and put it on the root directory
- get "boot.firm" out of the latest release from this page and put it on the root directory
- follow every instruction on this page