NTR Plugin Guide
This is a guide on how to use Boot NTR Selector to use plugins and cheats for games. If you want to use Checkpoint for cheats, you should check out this guide written by yours truly. Guide written by Krieg#1473 on Discord.
The latest release of Boot NTR Selector.
A Luma version of 10.2.1 or above.
If you already have Boot NTR Selector installed, you do not need to do these steps.
- Download Boot NTR Selector
- If given a choice, press the "Use default" setting.
- Select Version 3.6
- Your screen should flash blue then Boot NTR Selector should close right after, if you press X+Y and a menu shows up you have installed it correctly!
Installing game plugins.
- Make a folder on SD Root called "plugin".
- The plugin you download should already include the title id's for you, all you need to do is drag them into the plugin folder.
- If you only have a cheat.plg, you will need to make the title id folder yourself. A list of title ids can be found at 3dsdb.
- Once you are done, your layout should look like this: plugin > "title id for your game" > cheat.
- Turn on your 3DS and make sure NTR CFW is running, you can check by pressing X+Y and if it is running a menu will pop up on the bottom screen, if it is not running, open Boot NTR Selector, select 3.6 and wait for the blue crash.
- Once NTR CFW is running, open the game you want to use the plugin in.
- While opening the game you should see the top screen flash green, this means the plugin is active.
- Depending on the plugin, the plugin menu can either be accessed by pressing select, or the cheats can be found in the NTR menu by pressing X+Y.
If you want to find plugins to use, check out MegaNTR on Github!
Q: I don't see a green flash!
A: Try checking the placement of your plugins
Q: My placement is correct and I don't get a green flash!
A: Make sure NTR is running beforehand, restart your 3DS before rerunning it.
Q: This plugin doesn't work!
A: Usually, this is a problem with the plugin. Try using another one.
Q: BootNTR crashes when I launch it!
A: Luma3DS's official release is broken with BootNTR. Please use the Nanquitas build linked here .