NTR Plugin Guide
This is a guide on how to use Boot NTR Selector to use plugins for games. Guide written by Krieg#1473 on Discord.
If you want to use the ACNL plugin, ask in the ACNL Hacking Discord!
The latest release of Boot NTR Selector.
A Luma version of 9.1 or above.
If you already have Boot NTR Selector installed, you do not need to do these steps.
- Download Boot NTR Selector
- If given a choice, press the "Use default" setting.
- Select Version 3.6
- Your screen should flash blue then Boot NTR Selector should close right after, if you press X+Y and a menu shows up you have installed it correctly!
Installing game plugins.
- Make a folder on SD Root called "plugin".
- The plugin you download should already include the title id's for you, all you need to do is drag them into the plugin folder.
- If you only have a cheat.plg, you will need to make the title id folder yourself. A list of title ids can be found at 3dsdb.
- Once you are done, your layout should look like this: plugin > "title id for your game" > cheat.
- Turn on your 3DS and make sure NTR CFW is running, you can check by pressing X+Y and if it is running a menu will pop up on the bottom screen, if it is not running, open Boot NTR Selector, select 3.6 and wait for the blue crash.
- Once NTR CFW is running, open the game you want to use the plugin in.
- While opening the game you should see the top screen flash green, this means the plugin is active.
- Depending on the plugin, the plugin menu can either be accessed by pressing select, or the cheats can be found in the NTR menu by pressing X+Y.
If you want to find plugins to use, check out MegaNTR on Github!
Q: I don't see a green flash!
A: Try checking the placement of your plugins
Q: My placement is correct and I don't get a green flash!
A: Make sure NTR is running beforehand, restart your 3DS before rerunning it.
Q: This plugin doesn't work!
A: Usually, this is a problem with the plugin. Try using another one.